The Indiana Urban Forest Council holds periodic strategic planning sessions to outline a vision and establish specific strategy directions. Listed below are the objectives of our last planning session. Below that is a summary of vision statements.
- To complete an organizational assessment to gain a sense of shared history of the IUFC
- To develop a shared vision for the Council
- To revisit and reconfirm existing Council Mission
- To determine strategic directions for the Council based on the shared vision
- To develop strategy briefs and key components for each strategic direction
- To develop action plans for priority strategy briefs
Indiana Urban Forest Council Vision Statements
The various shared visions were combined into the following eight items in order to provide a more specific focus to each area of concern.
Our Shared Vision is…
- To create awareness of the importance of the urban forest resource to citizens and communities.
- To be a leading organization with clearly defined roles and abundant resources.
- Strengthened diversity based on elected (prestige & honor) representation from all regions of the state and among all allied organizations.
- To be “the” technical, educational, and informational resource to communities throughout the state.
- To be the leading advocate for urban forestry to Indiana government.
- To be the state’s resource on green infrastructure standards for community master planning.
- To create a more visible public presence statewide.
- To be the leading advocate and coordinator of urban forestry issues in Indiana.
To read more about our Strategic Plan, Click Here.